March 2018 Newsletter
March 2018 Newsletter
Message from the President
As the current snowmobile season comes to a close I would like to thank all of the club volunteers for their great efforts to ensure our trail system was opened as soon as possible and maintained in a safe and responsible manner. I would also like to thank the landowners who help make our trail system possible. It was again a difficult winter with clubs in the south portion of the province unable to open trails due the lack of snow, however in the areas that did have snow the clubs did an excellent job in keeping the trails in good condition.
I regret to advise that this season there has been four (4) snowmobile fatalities. This is totally unacceptable and unnecessary. Snowmobilers must work together to help ensure we eliminate fatalities in future years. Snoman will be looking at strategies that will help to keep snowmobilers informed on how to prevent incidents from occurring. Remember Ride Safe and Responsibly.
Annual Sneak Peek
Come out to the Red River Exhibition Park and be one of the first ones to see the new 2019 sleds straight from the manufacturers. See the new Polaris, Yamaha, Ski-Doo and Arctic Cat snowmobiles.
Snoman Excellence Awards
Don't forget to get your nominations in for the excellence awards. The categories are:
- The Snoman Excellence Award for Outstanding Snowmobile Dealership
- The Snoman Excellence Award for Outstanding Organized Snowmobile-Related Company
- The Snoman Excellence Award for Outstanding Snowmobile Club
- The Snoman Excellence Award for Outstanding Snowmobile Family
- The Snoman Excellence Award for Outstanding Snowmobiler
- The Snoman Excellence Award for Outstanding Groomer Operator
- The Snoman Excellence Award for Outstanding Support by a Non-Snowmobiling Related Business
- The Snoman Excellence Award for Outstanding Youth Contribution Towards the Continued Development of Family Snowmobiling
The link to the form is found on our website: https://snoman.mb.ca/awards.php.
It's that time of year when high school students start applying for post secondary school. Did you know that Snoman Inc. has a scholarship? If you or anyone you know is about to graduate high school why not give them a head start and get them to apply for a scholarship from Snoman. If you are a member of a snowmobile club in one of Snoman's regions then don't hesitate, apply now. Applications and more information are available on our website at www.snoman.mb.ca or click the button below. In addition, there are some regions and clubs that have their own scholarships too. Check with your club president to see what scholarships are available in your area.