SNOMAN is pleased to have the opportunity to provide one scholarship for each region to members of its clubs. SNOMAN provides these scholarships in recognition of the hard work and dedication demonstrated by youth in their snowmobile clubs, their classrooms, and their communities.
Supporting and rewarding commitment to organized snowmobiling, education and the community is an integral part of facilitating the development of our youth so that they may become strong community leaders. SNOMAN’s member clubs are very pleased to be able to provide financial support to our members to assist with post-secondary education.
- SNOMAN will provide one scholarship per region in the amount of $1,000.00.
- In the event that there are no applicants from a region, the money will be held by SNOMAN.
- Applicants must be members of a snowmobile club that is within one of the SNOMAN regions.
- Applicants must be Manitoba residents planning to attend or attend post-secondary education in the upcoming academic year.
- Applicants must be graduating high school students.
- Priority will be given to students attending a Canadian Post-Secondary Institution.
- The applicants meet the admission standards of an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution.
- The applicants are enrolled as full-time students at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution.
- The applicants have been active members of a snowmobile club within one of the SNOMAN regions for the past two years.
- The applicants are actively involved in their communities.
- Complete a SNOMAN Scholarship application form available at the SNOMAN office or via the “Apply Today” button below.
- Forms must be received by the 15th of May each year.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter of support from:
- the president of their snowmobile club in which the applicant is a member; and
- the principal or teacher from the applicant’s high school.
- Applicants must include a transcript of school marks from grades eleven and twelve.
- The SNOMAN Scholarship Committee will review all applications.
- Awards will be based on:
- involvement in their snowmobile club;
- academic performance in school; and
- involvement in their community.
N.B.: Priority will be given to applicants attending a post-secondary institution within Canada.
- All successful candidates will be advised by email.
- Each candidate must verify current acceptance into a post-secondary institute prior to receiving their scholarship.
- A presentation may take place at the SNOMAN Annual Congress.
Western Region Memorial Scholarship
The Clubs of Western Region Snowmobile Association are pleased to have the opportunity to offer two (2) scholarships of $1200 each to members within the Western Region Snowmobile Association’s snowmobile clubs. These are in recognition of hard work and dedication in the classroom, the community, and to their snowmobile club. The commitment shown to organized snowmobiling, education, and the community is an integral part of developing our youth into strong community leaders. The Western Region Snowmobile Association clubs are very pleased to be able to provide financial support to our members to assist with post-secondary education.
The scholarships are to be known as the West Region Memorial Scholarships. The scholarships are in recognition of members that have passed away. These members were actively involved in their communities and clubs. They served as Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Regional Directors, and Snoman Directors. These individuals exemplified the true meaning of volunteers; their efforts, dedication, and leadership all were instrumental to the development of recreational snowmobiling within the West Region Snowmobile Association and SNOMAN.
West Region Memorial Scholarships 2 – $1200.00
Students who are members of a snowmobile club within the SNOMAN’s Western Region and Manitoba residents planning to attend or are attending post-secondary education within Canada. Applicants must be graduating High School students.
- Meet admission standards of University or Community College
- Enrolled as a full-time student at a Canadian University or College
- Been an active member of a snowmobile club in the Western Region for the past two years
- Be involved in the community
Students must complete an application form which is available from Western region Snowmobile clubs. Forms must be received by May 6 of each year. Please include a letter from the President of your Snowmobile Club as well as the School Principal with school grades from grades eleven and twelve. Scholarships are to be awarded annually in conjunction with the Snoman Annual Congress.
The Western Region Snowmobile Association Scholarship Committee will review all applications. Awards will be based on academic performance in school, involvement in your snowmobile club, and your involvement within your community.
All successful candidates will be advised by mail to the address provided. Cheque presentations will take at the Snoman Annual Congress. Each candidate must verify entrance into the Post-Secondary Institute prior to receiving their scholarship.
Eastern Region Snowmobile Association Scholarship Program
The Clubs of the Eastern Region Snowmobile Association are pleased to be able to offer three (3) scholarships of $500 each to youth members of the Region. All youth between the ages of 17 and 21 who have been strong members of a club within the region are eligible to apply. This will aid in the expenses associated with Post-secondary education. We are very excited to be able to help our young members succeed in their future endeavors.
Students who are members in good standing within an Eastern Region Snowmobile Club and are planning to attend or are attending post-secondary education within Canada. Applicants must be graduating high school students.
- Students must be enrolled as a student at a Canadian University or college
- Students must be an active members of an Eastern region club
Qualifying students must complete an application available from the Snoman website or from their club. Please include a letter from your club president as well as from their school principal or one of their high school teachers. Scholarships will be awarded at the Annual Snoman Congress.
The Eastern Region Snowmobile Association will review all applications and make a decision based on the involvement of your club and academics.
All successful candidates will be notified by mail or email to the address provided in the application. Cheques will be issued at the Annual Snoman Congress.
Deadline for Application
To be eligible for consideration, an application must be received by May 15th of each year. The winners will be notified in September of the same year.
Eastern Region Snowmobile Associating may change the amounts per scholarship depending on the applications received.